Thursday, August 28, 2008

Big J's First Day of K (and Mom's too)!

 
 
 
 


Well, it was a big day here in the Stagg household... Jamison started his first day of kindergarten! He was so excited! He's been counting down the days for a month. He's been wearing his Optimus Prime backpack around for at least that long! Today he finally got to use it and instantly made friends with a boy who had the same backpack. In a strange twist of events, it was also MY first day of kindergarten! Let me just say a little insanity goes a long way... On Monday Jamison and I went to his kindergarten orientation at Midway Elementary. I had just taken a job as an aid there and the principal sent me to the district office to fill out paperwork that day. As I was leaving the district office, I asked what I would need to do if I ever wanted to renew my license. Before I knew it, I was being sent to J.R. Smith Elementary (behind Smith's in Heber) for an interview! They had just lost a teacher that day and needed to replace her fast! So I was officially hired on Tuesday and school started today!!!!! So I transferred Jamison and he and I have been going to school together for the past three days! We are both J.R. Smith Pathfinders! I know there are alot of exclamation points in this story, but my head is swimming! And let me also just say, now that I've completed my first day (I only teach A.M. mind you) that I was a MUCH younger woman when I did this before and I had to come home and have a two-hour nap!!!! Kindergarten is an entirely different beast! I'm going to need the three-day weekend after two whole half-days of teaching!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

JulieR said...

I have never seen Jamison without a hat on. It took me a few minutes to figure out why I hardly recognized him and then I realized what was missing. What a handsome young man you are! Darling picture of all of you. Congratulations to the teacher. If I taught school - kindergarten is what I would want to teach. Good luck to the whole family!